Diana Newcomb is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. Diana Newcomb recognises that you, as a user of a website or service, have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and is taken seriously.
“Data” means any data entered by you or with your authority into the website.
“You/Your/User” refers to a user or legal entity registered to use an online service provided by Diana Newcomb in accordance with Diana Newcomb’s software service licence agreement.
“Personal Information” means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable regardless of whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
“Service” means an online service or software provided by Diana Newcomb including all digital content and software residing at the fully qualified name of diananewcomb.com, as well as the related third-party products or services required to provide or facilitate this software and digital content.
“Website” means the web pages and multi-media content identified by a domain name owned by Diana Newcomb.
1. Unless given consent to do otherwise, Diana Newcomb will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
2. Full name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone number, mobile number, and email address are examples of information which may constitute personal information. Personal information may also include information Diana Newcomb may collect about your individual preferences.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
5. Where practicable, Diana Newcomb will allow contact on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, Diana Newcomb’s Collection Channels will only seek information in this manner. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, Diana Newcomb will seek the information identified below. It will not be practicable to deal with you on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis when Diana Newcomb wishes to send you direct marketing materials or needs to provide you with goods or services requested by you.
Kinds of personal information Diana Newcomb collects and holds
6. Personal information that may be requested by Diana Newcomb includes, but is not limited to:
a. Contact information such as your full name, email address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, date of birth, residential addresses, postcodes, and contact preferences.
b. You location information, including, but not limited to, residential addresses, postal addresses, and IP addresses.
c. Photographs of you for the purposes of representing your account in a visual manner.
e. Feedback you provide in relation to your satisfaction and use of services provided by Diana Newcomb.
f. Information about your interests and experiences with Diana Newcomb’s products or services.
g. Information about your experience with third-party products or services used within Diana Newcomb’s services.
7. When you use a service provided by Diana Newcomb, personal information that may be collected includes, but is not limited to:
a. Usage and preference information. Diana Newcomb may collect information about how you interact with a website, including the pages you visit, access times and dates, browser types, and preferences and settings that you choose.
b. Device information. Diana Newcomb may collect information about your device such as the hardware, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and network IP addresses.
c. Psychometric or behavioural information. Diana Newcomb may collect information regarding to your psychology or behaviour that you either provide directly to Diana Newcomb or provide in an aggregated form to Diana Newcomb through third-party services.
Personal information collection and sharing
Active information collection
10. Personal information is requested in order to allow you to use services provided by Diana Newcomb. This may facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, and information about such content, products or services. No user is obligated to provide personal information. Failure to do so may result in you being unable to use certain services and Diana Newcomb being unable facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, products or service information, upcoming opportunities and promotion, offer or event information (where applicable).
11. Diana Newcomb may also obtain your personal information from legitimate third-party sources that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so, or it is provided in a aggregated manner without personally identifiable information including name, phone numbers, exact physical addresses, email addresses, and date of birth.
12. Information may be collected (and combined) by Diana Newcomb if you:
a. Subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts or news and media releases, or request launch or event information or information about Diana Newcomb’s products or services or other information services as well as third-party products or services.
b. Contact Diana Newcomb directly in person or via any online channels.
d. Sign up, register and/or log in to any Diana Newcomb website or service or service provided by a trusted third-party for the purposes of providing information to Diana Newcomb in accordance with the third-party’s privacy policies.
e. Submit any content to or participate in any way in a service, including, but not limited to, engaging with other users or taking part in the question and answer service.
Passive information collection
13. Diana Newcomb may collect information regarding website and service use, including, but not limited to, the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a website are most commonly accessed. This information generally does not contain information linked to the identities of visitors, except where websites are accessed via links in an email or through a service when you are logged in. By accessing a website via links in an email Diana Newcomb has sent and/or by accessing a website when you are logged into an account, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
14. As you navigate through Diana Newcomb’s websites or services, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies. Such information or personal information and/or information from various third party sources may combine this anonymous information or personal information with other personal information collected from you to provide better service to website visitors and users, customise a website or service based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, and improve a website or service for your use. Diana Newcomb may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
Purposes of personal information collection, holding and disclosure
15. Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purposes:
a. For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular website or service.
b. To maintain the functionality of a website or service, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the website or through a service.
d. To allow you to create an account, sign in and use the functionality of a Diana Newcomb website or service, including but not limited to, the use of the Peace In Your World online course, question and answer functionality and/or recommendations relating to the use of any Diana Newcomb website, service, or third-party website or services.
e. To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices regarding Diana Newcomb’s websites or services.
f. To allow you to interact with other users of a particular service.
g. To facilitate payments from you and to you via a third-party.
h. To provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a website), content, services and products.
i. To provide you with direct marketing materials.
j. To respond to customer enquiries and complaints.
k. To improve website, service and system administration, functionality, usability and provide other enhancements deemed reasonably necessary by Diana Newcomb.
l. To record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research.
m. To share personal information with Diana Newcomb companies, Diana Newcomb promotional partners, trusted brands and their related bodies, corporates, and agents, and other trusted third-parties in the manner described within this policy.
n. If you are a business Diana Newcomb trades with, to carry on Diana Newcomb’s trading relationship with you including identifying and contacting you, invoicing you correctly, assessing the risks of providing credit to you or your business, and securing and recovering any debts owed to Diana Newcomb.
o. Any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by Diana Newcomb in the circumstances.
16. Diana Newcomb (and related directors, employees, contractors and agents), Diana Newcomb promotional partners and their related bodies, Diana Newcomb’s corporate or trusted third-parties, other users of Diana Newcomb services, and other selected service providers may contact you via any communications channel using the information you have provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
Ability of others to view information
17. Diana Newcomb may allow for information you provide to be distributed publicly for the purposes of marketing if you provide Diana Newcomb with written permission (physical, email and/or social media message/comment) to do so. This information may become publicly available and may be read, collected and used by others either on our websites or outside of our websites. Diana Newcomb is not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
18. Messages sent using an Diana Newcomb service will only be made available to the sender and intended recipient(s), unless provided through a service intended for public or restricted distribution. Such messages may also be made available to Diana Newcomb as well as trusted third-parties in order to provide support and assist in development of a service.
Right of access
20. Access to your own personal information stored on an Diana Newcomb database or trusted third-party database will be granted in all cases. Diana Newcomb reserves the right to determine whether access is provided to personal information stored on an Diana Newcomb database to the extent that is lawful for Diana Newcomb to do so. Diana Newcomb reserves the the right to charge reasonable processing, handling and postage fees where deemed appropriate. Diana Newcomb reserves the right to reject and/or review requests for information not considered to be personal information on a case-by-case basis, unless required by law.
Changes to personal information
22. In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information contained on an Diana Newcomb database, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Diana Newcomb being unable to facilitate certain features of a service or provide you with further information, or service access.
23. Diana Newcomb is in no way responsible for the removal of your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Storage and security of personal information
24. Diana Newcomb will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of any personal information collected, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Diana Newcomb will ensure only those necessary have access to your personal information. Personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by Diana Newcomb’s selected data storage providers. In some cases these facilities may be overseas.
External links and advertising
25. Diana Newcomb’s websites and services may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by Diana Newcomb of the content of the third-party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. Diana Newcomb is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our websites.
26. Diana Newcomb may use third party advertisements on websites and services. All third party advertising, if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by Diana Newcomb or any of its affiliates. Diana Newcomb is not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on a website. We do not have access to or control of website cookies placed by third parties.
Question or queries
a. Email: email@example.com
b. Telephone: +64 21 425 493